HOW TO APPLY
Applying for The Alan Bates Award is very easy. You will need to send in a completed application form and a ninty second video.
All applications are due by 11:59pm on February 25, 2019.
Fill in this application form.
HOW TO UPLOAD YOUR VIDEO
>>>PLEASE READ THE INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONS BELOW THOROUGHLY<<<
What will happen to my video?
Your video will be sent directly to our application processing partner Casting Networks International and processed along with your application ready for the Round 1 judging.
You will receive several confirmation emails from the Actors Centre, Casting Networks and WeTransfer. These are confirming the different sections of your applications have been delivered and processed.
How will the judging process work?
No less than 6 industry judges will be watching, assessing and scoring each and every video we receive in Round 1.
âYou will receive an email detailing whether or not you have been shortlisted for Round 2 of the Award’s audition process no later than Monday 18 March.
NOTE: Round 2 will take place on Sunday 31 March.
Is your video suitable? …time for a final check!
- Your video application must be no more than 90 seconds long.
- This includes you introducing yourself (slate your name, school and monologue) and ONE MINUTE of a speech – Contemporary or Classical, it is your choice. If you would like to write your own monologue you are able to do so if you feel confident it is the best piece for you.
- Make sure you are well lit, speak clearly and that the camera/tablet/smartphone is in a good enough position and height to capture you.
- Your video should be saved in one of the following file types:
NOTE: You MUST send your video using the link below in order to be submitted for Round 1 of the Alan Bates Award.
How to submit your tape
- Go to http://www.wetransfer.com/
- Select your file to upload
- Enter this email as the recipient (the 'to' box): [email protected]
- Write your own email in the "from" box
- NOTE: you MUST use the same email address you entered in the online application form. Failure to do this may mean your application isn't processed.
- Please copy and paste the following into the body of the message
Actors Name: (INSERT YOUR NAME)
Casting Director: The Actors Centre **do not change**
Project name: Alan Bates Award 2019 **do not change**
Session: Self Tape **do not change**
Role: Round 1 Applicant **do not change**
- Click "transfer".
The video will now upload, it will tell you how much is left to load via a percentage counter, this can take a short while depending on the size of your video. Please keep the window open and your device connected to the internet until this has completed.
NOTE: If you are having any difficulties with applying for the Alan Bates Award please do not hesitate to contact us on [email protected]